INA – needle bearings
Since its inception in 1946, INA is based on superior quality and innovative technology, founded by Schaeffler, Wilhelm and Georg, both of whom are Doctor of Technical Sciences, foundations of business. Founded in Herzogenaurach in Germany, in the city from where the sports giants Adid expired
as well as Puma, INA quickly overcame local and national frameworks.
A historical moment occurred in 1949 when Georg Schaeffler patented a needle bearing which soon found numerous applications in the industry. Three years later, there was a breakthrough in the auto industry when INA needle bearings replaced ordinary bearings in the legendary VW bug. As early as 1955, the first catalog of bearings was published, and only a year later a factory in France was opened for the European market.
Since then until today, INA has continued to expand and develop, opening plants around the world and introducing new technologies and quality standards.